Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Perseverance

Last week I shared my story. A lot of people ask me how Fi and I did it - how did our marriage survive such difficult circumstances?

Somehow God gave me the patience I needed to get through.

"If you will let me, I will take care of this for you" was the word God gave me, but I still had to wait. He didn't take care of it in an instant - it was a process that carried on for years.

There's a verse in the Bible about this kind of patient waiting:

"What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see" Hebrews 11:1

One of the problems of our society these days is instant everything - instant coffee, fast food, instant fixes. We get used to addressing problems and eliminating them NOW. But sometimes the best things in life don't happen NOW. Sometimes the best things in life take time.

What are the problems in your life right now? Are you looking for quick fixes? Or are you letting God take care of it for you, no matter what his time line might be?

That thing you can't see . . . keeping hoping. Keep believing God will take care of it for you. That's faith.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, God is faithful and true and he created and loves marriage. My husband and I can testify to his saving grace and the tough trials our marriage has endured... we just celebrated 40 years. We are having more fun then ever with God in the center.

    ReplyDelete