Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Relationship Goals

I've heard it said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results.

This reminds me of some folks who have high goals for themselves relationally - maybe they want to make some close friends or find people with the same hobbies as themselves. Maybe they want to get married. Yet they just keep doing the same things over and over.

They hang out at the same places (often their own sofa).

They hang out with the same people (who aren't positive influences).

They don't take care of themselves.

We all fall into ruts from time to time. But if you want something about your life to change, you have to set goals. And once you've set some goals, normally a few life changes are required to reach them.

And if you're struggling to implement these changes yourself, give me a call! I'd love to help you set some goals, take baby steps to reach them, all the while getting closer to the extraordinary life you've been looking for.

Next week I'm going to begin sharing my own relationship story. My wife and I went through some extremely difficult years - maybe some of you know what I'm talking about. But there's always hope.

There's always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment